The DÖW Library
- is a reference library and covers about 50,000 titles.
- There is a topical emphasis on the following areas of interest: Nazi crimes, Shoah, exile, concentration camps, resistance and persecution in Austria and Europe, right-wing extremism after 1945.
- Electronically searchable.
- Flysheets, brochures, newspapers of Austrian resistance groups 1934-1945: ca. 10,000 items; searches possible by producer of printed material and type of printed material - periodicals, flysheets, leaflets, Tarnbroschüren (camouflaged literature) etc.; searchable in the categorized card index and catalogues.
- Exile: about 5,000 volumes; publications of Austrian exile organizations, exile literature, German exile literature.
- Library of the F.I.R. (Fédération internationale des réfugiés): special emphasis on European resistance; indexed in a special catalogue.
- Spanish Civil War Collection: predominantly in German, English and Spanish, among other languages.
- Judaica: 2,500 volumes.
- Newspaper Cuttings: classified by person and subject area; Austrian collection from English, American and Canadian publications.
Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday closed
Mag. Stephan Roth, e-mail | phone +43 1 22 89 469 - 320